Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From One Event To The Next.....

Well happy hump day peeps!

I can't believe that this is my first post for the week:(

I have so much material to share!

Tonight, I'm going to focus on two things. A recap of Portobello West and I need to tell you about an event that is hitting Calgary this week-end.

Last Friday, I went with some friends to Portobello West and I was "wowed" again by some talented people. I would say that it was a pretty good turnout for a Friday night. It was just enough people to indicate that the week-end would be another successful event.

There were a few people that I had the pleasure of seeing at the previous event, but there was a lot of new peeps that I was exposed to for the first time.....

Here were my faves.....

Lindsay Saunders of Cinder and Sage
(Now there is a necklace that I must get for myself. It's whimsical yet functional - a necklace with a tiny "working" harmonica!!! How cute is that! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to get a close up, but if you take a look at photo #2 - it's the necklace on the far right)










Olga Cottell of Oladesign
(Her miniaturized prints are fixated to the mirrors, pendants & magnets - love it!)





Maureen McEelhinney of Mack Designs
(The blue earrings in photo #2 caught my eye)







Brook Fung of Peeko Apparel
(I could totally see myself wearing this)



Hoakon/Helga
(My friend Alyshia bought this wicked clutch - another fab find)





Red Jade
(Love this coat!)



Again my final verdict on Portobello West is the same as it was the last time - so worth it. Can't wait for the next one:)

Now before I head off for the night, I want to tell you about an event that's taking place this week-end in Calgary.

April 16 & 17th marks the 1st annual Calgary Burlesque Festival (in support of the Marsha Ellen Meidow Foundation)

This is going to be an amazing event and I'm sure that people are going to be talking about it for a long time......

Here are the event details:

Tickets are $12.00 each night and this is definitely gonna be an +18 Event

Tickets available were available at BLAME BETTY but I've since been told that that location is SOLD OUT

So get there early to try and buy a ticket at the Distillery, (FYI peeps, there may not be any room left!!!

There will be live bands to titillate and tease your eardrums

50/50 Cupcake Cuties and Burlesque dames will battle it out to be crowned the best of the best

It's gonna be soloist against soloist and troupe against troupe!

Produced by Master Sarah Moanies & Tainted Dames Inc.

FRIDAY, April 16th:

THE TEASER!

8:00pm Doors Open to Public

SATURDAY, April 17th is THE MAIN EVENT!

8:00pm Doors Open to Public

Also, on Saturday..... all night long, their Cupcake Cuties will be dancing around selling cupcakes and 50/50 tickets. All proceeds from those sales will go toward the The Marsha Ellen Meidow Foundation!

I'll be there Saturday night, can't wait to give y'all a recap!


1luv

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Alyshia's clutch!

    www.bagpoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Micheal St. James.....I know Alyshia's cluch is the "bomb". We hang out way too much for me to get one too...but they've got a cute one with a bow that's screaming my name - must make a purchase lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd love to have some of the jewelry on here. sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend.

    cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love portobello west! its always such a great show with such great stuff. i absolutely LOVED 'cinder & sage'! i bought one of the vintage lockets covered in part of an old dictionary page that says 'travel.' its now my new favorite thing to wear (with anything!). i love buying local! great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...