Thursday, June 3, 2010

Second-Hand Clothing As Art?

So y'all know that I organized a clothing swap in my city recently. I'm truly passionate about the concept of holding on to clothing that I wear and getting rid of what I no longer have use for.


So, a friend of mine forwarded this to me over the week-end and I think it's the coolest......


Meet Derick Melander, an artist who creates large structures of carefully folded & stacked second-hand clothing.

He pays a great deal of attention to how the clothing is layered. The process itself adds a layer to the finished piece.

Here's a little tidbit of information that I learned.....

3,615 pounds of textile waste is created by New Yorkers alone every 5 minutes - Crazy!!









Into The Fold, Brooklyn Borough Hall from Derick Melander on Vimeo.

1luv peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...