Monday, February 8, 2010

I Know It's A Day Late But Here's Another Blogger Spotlight~

Since I didn't post this last night, I'm gonna get right into things. A lovely blogger who goes by the name of Buffy Leigh has a fabulous blog called kOs. (in short). Buffy dreams of being Björk's personal designer and with the fashion selections that I've seen on her site? She's got that edgy sense of style that could make her dream a reality. Just click HERE to visit her shop. It's a space where she keeps the concept of "recycling" alive by re-selling Etsy purchases that just didn't work out. A fellow Albertan, Buffy and I share something in common - our love for Etsy! So not only will you find amazing fashion finds and interviews, but expect to see some fierce-looking etsy picks too~

kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS

How long have you been blogging?
Only since May 2009! My blog is still a wee little one.


Please let my readers know what your blog is all about.
My blog is a place for my daily random musings, which tend to focus on my favorite fashion finds. I feature independent designers who use sustainable or recycled materials, have handmade or local production, and/or limited run collections.


What made you decide to enter the world of blogging? And is kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS your first attempt?
It started for a couple of reasons. First, I'm obsessed with Etsy.com, and tended to buy clothes in order to see and feel them up close, whether or not I really planned on wearing the piece. So I thought that if I had one place where I could collect photos of all the pretty things I wanted, that I would spend less (but I'm spending more now!). Also, I'd been out of school for 3 years and was noticing my grammar getting worse and worse, so I wanted something to keep my writing skills up to par. And yes, kOs is my first attempt at blogging.


Most of us bloggers work full-time jobs or are students. What do you do when you're not blogging?
I'm a laboratory attendant at Canadian Blood Services, the organization that collects and distributes all the donated units of blood to hospitals in Canada.


Name one item that you can't live without?
My MacBook Pro! Also my wardrobe, if that can be considered 'one item'. I get very attached to my clothing. :) Oh, and my chapstick.


Do you think that you'll still be blogging in a year or two from now?
My thoughts on this change weekly actually. I most likely will be, but perhaps the focus will change a bit. I do love blogging and promoting my favorite indie designers, so I'm sure kOs will exist in some form at least a year from now.


What steps have you taken to promote your blog & gain readership?
When I feature a designer, I try to email them and let them know. A few designers have become regular readers that way, and have posted links to my blog on their own blogs, Facebook pages, Etsy shops, etc. So that has send a lot of readers my way. I'm also a part of the IFB, Delance Fashion, and Chictopia online communities, which is an easy and fun way to do some self-promotion (while also discovering some fantastic blogs!).


Do you have any advice for newbies starting out?
Be yourself and inject your personality into your posts. Blogs are so much more interesting when they have even a slight hint of the blogger's personal life. Don't start blogging with stats in mind. You should be blogging because you enjoy doing it, not for a certain number of hits. Readers will somehow find your blog if you keep at it (and tag your posts!). And please do spell check.


As I mentioned - Buffy has definitely got an eye for fashion



href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/artlab">ArtLab Military Skirt No. 1, white American Apparel tank top, complexgeometries two face dress in black, ArtLab Clinical White Harness No. 1, Las Lopez Cobwebs Shawl/scarf, and my Yokoo East Hampton tote in pumpkin spice and charcoal grey.




Outfit details: Dress by Attila Design.



If you haven't clicked on some of the links above - Click HERE to visit kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS

Oh and before I forget - I was sent this video today on facebook. I love it and had to share - Thx Kim:)



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for interviewing me, fellow Albertan! Just a couple of notes. First of all, I didn't make anything in my shop - I'm just reselling Etsy purchases that didn't work out for me. Eventually I'll be listing my own creations though! And the photo captions are switched around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Buffy Leigh.....I just made the changes - Thx again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy these posts! theyre really helpful and always have great inspiration :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mAdi*cakes....Oh I'm so glad that you enjoy the blogger spotlights! I'm gonna keep doin them then:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...