Monday, July 26, 2010

Wow What A Week-End!

I had the most amazing week-end filled with fashion & festivals! I attempted to make it to the House of Nonie show at West to see the JR2010 collection, but I was late and missed the entire show on Saturday! I've got to be honest with you, I am not the most tardiest person. I am late (sometimes it's by a little and other times by a lot).

Well the event was from 5 until 7 and I really thought that the fashion show would have started around 6ish, but I was dead wrong. I showed up at 5:45 and the show was done. Although I can't comment on the show itself (which I'm sure was fab), I've gotta say that there were definitely some "stylistas" & "stylistos" in the house. I even caught a glimpse of Adejoke Taiwo (a local designer) showing support.

Now Sunday was quite the day. It started with some fun at the Sun & Salsa fest in Kensington. This is my second year attending and it was fun. The sun was blazing hot and I loved every minute of it. I'd say that Calgary has experienced a crappy summer so far, so it was so nice to experience some serious heat.





Then I headed down to Olympic plaza for the Latino Festival. It was the first time that I have ever been and I had such an amazing time! Being surrounded by Latin music, dancing & food was wonderful.






To end such a fabulous day, I had the pleasure of soaking in the soulful sounds of the legendary, ever most talented, Ms. Roberta Flack!!! I was lucky enough to be hooked up with folk fest tickets from a friend.

All I have to say is - Roberta Flack did not disappoint! She was absolutely amazing. She had me dancing and everything - priceless:)










I just had to leave you with a little "Killing Me Softly"


1luv

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Thanks for the comment & follow : )

    Gina Marie Vintage
    http://www.ginamarievintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...