Friday, December 4, 2009

A Winter Storm Has Just Hit My City....But I've Still Got Some Fab News!

I hope this is a happy Friday for most of y'all, cause I can't say that it's been the best Friday for me....
Snow has taken my city at full force from the wee hours of the morning and still hasn't stopped. Thank goodness it wasn't horribly cold, but the snow is definitely accumulating! I could be in the foulest mood, but I'm not, cause I've got some good news to share:)


#1. I just found out that I've just become a ModSquad team member for ModCloth.com! What does this mean you ask? Well I'll receive newsletters with special offers, news, or assignments an d I'll be able to communicate and share style with fellow team members. Ever since I randomly discovered this site, I've literally fallen in love, so I'm pretty excited about what's in store:)

#2. The Creative Mixx has another giveaway for y'all, courtesy of Purple Toes Jewelery (by dryan327)!!!!

Yes that's right peeps, Donna has been gracious enough to offer a lovely item up for another Contest! Trust me. this fab prize will be perfect for the holidays! Before I do the big reveal, I'd love for you to get to know Donna a little better and give you an inside look at the unique & eclectic jewelery that she has for sale~

Since 2006, Donna has fallen in love with creating one of a kind hand crafted jewelery. Using mostly from Vintage Glass Beads, Hearts, Roses, Pearls, Charms, Pendants & Vintage Filigree Wraps, she offers you pieces that mix a "blast from the past" with a modern twist.


How did you get started?
I got started because my daughter and I found these wonderful antique vintage earrings and we would buy as many as we could afford. They were sorta her signature pieces and when the shop started to run out of them, I thought hey! - I can make these......
So, I've been making jewelery ever since.


Where do you get your inspiration from?
My inspiration came from my daughter. She loves unique, different, vintage and eclectic styles. One day she was painting her toenails purple, and I kept saying I love your purple toes, I love your purple toes, so that just had to be the name of my shop.

Tell us one thing that most people don't know about you....
Most people don't know that when I was a child, I was in an a car accident. I flew out of the car across two highways, got up and walked to where my mom was on the other side.

Any advice for newbies starting out?
Keep making your craft better, keep making your pictures better, and market everywhere you can think of. You, are the the only one that will get your shop noticed, because if it is not noticed, no one will come to buy anything. So, I am a firm believer in marketing.


After visiting Purple Toes Jewelery, I've got a few faves to show ya......








Aren't these pieces fabulous???

Well, if you were impressed with what you've seen so far, then you'll certainly love what's up for grabs over the next couple of days!

These stunning blue sapphire glass marquise jewel earrings could be yours....


The contest rules are simple peeps:

1. All followers (both existing and new ones during the contest period) get one entry.

2. If you leave a comment telling me what your fave Purple Toes Jewelery design item is?, gets you one entry, (that means 2 entries for followers who comment).

3. If you have a blog and promote it to your readers by providing a link back to my blog's contest page, will get you an entry (that means 3 entries for followers who comment and post about the contest on their blog)

Note: If you would like to enter and do not have a blogger account, no worries. Just send me a comment via email to: thecreativemixx [!at] gmail.com - That get's you one entry!

And if you post a comment as "Anonymous"... that's cool. You'll get one entry as well. Just send me an email with your contact info.

When the winner is announced, you have 48 hours to respond to my email. If you do not respond, I will select another winner.


THE CONTEST RUNS FROM TODAY FRIDAY DECEMBER 4, 2009 TO THURSDAY DECEMBER 10, 2009!

Just Click HERE to visit Purple Toes Jewelery to view the 111 items currently available for sale!

1luv peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...