Friday, September 4, 2009

Strikingly Beautiful....Nuff Said~

Happy Friday y'all! For those lucky enough to have a long week-end ahead...I hope it's a fabulous one:)

So, I didn't post a dang thing last night. I was dead tired....(like so tired that I marched my ass straight to bed around 8:30 in the pm, tired).

It did me some good though, cause I'm refreshed and ready for the long week-end!


I'm gonna give you a little peek into the many talents of Kyle Whitehead. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this previously, but I work with some extremely creative peeps, (it's mindblowing at times).

Kyle Whitehead happens to be one of them and I'd like to give you a little peek into what he's capable of. A full fledged interview should be available in about a month or so. Stay tuned for that peeps!

Tonight I'm going to share some of his amazing photography and give you a glimpse of what he'll be up to over the next month.....

Taken with a Russian TLR camera - feast your eyes on this!






Gorgeous shots in red scale







Some fierce grafitti straight outta the T-Dot (that's Toronto y'all)
*taken with a Lomo LC-A*





All I gotta say is - love it!!!

Now not only does Kyle have skillz in photography but he's a talented filmmaker as well - crazy!

So, for the next month:

TRUCK Contemporary Art in Calgary Presents:
TR:AFICC THREE- Urbanity
Showcasing work by:
Kyle Whitehead
Residency runs from September 8 to October 4, 2009


Basically, a CAMPER gets transformed into a mobile film laboratory, where Kyle will experiment with Super 8 to create a series of "super short" films. They'll be produced, hand-processed, and edited right on the spot!

This CAMPER will move to various neighbourhoods over a 4 week period, offering weekly screenings & workshops.

If you're in Calgary check out this link for more info on dates & locations.

1luv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...