Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'd Like To Introduce Y'all To "Horn Of Plenty".......

Hello y'all!

My blog's been up and running for a little over 3 weeks now and I am so happy to see the traffic I've been getting. Thank-you for following and showin love with your comments:)
I "heart" you!!!

I'm introducing a new feature on my blog, (cause there's no time like the present), and will interview some creative peeps from time to time.



Tonight I would like to introduce you to the very talented Cathy Terepocki


My friend Alyshia has raved about Cathy's work in the past and forwarded me the link to her site. My verdict? I was blown away!
I searched through her online gallery to find pieces of various mediums (clay, ceramic or glass) with a vintage vibe.

So I contacted Cathy for an interview and voila! Here it is!!!

Hope y'all enjoy:)

How did you get started? And, how long have you been designing?
I was in the ceramics program at Alberta College of Art and Design. I graduated 5 years ago and have been designing and making dishes full-time ever since.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
I have always been a collector of vintage objects, those have been inspirational in my work. I also love fabric particularly printed fabrics. I grew up with lots of old quilts which I love. I'm also inspired by my natural environment.

Are you ever uninspired? If so, how do you get over the slump?
Oh yes. I get uninspired when I've spent too much time in the studio and life gets too busy. The best thing for me in that situation is a good road trip or a long walk will do in a pinch. Nothing like the big prairie sky to get some new ideas flowing.

Name one item you can't live without?
I have a really great double stroller with bike and ski attachments. This gets me a little exercise and fresh air with the kids all year round. It's my sanity.

Any advice for newbies starting out?
Keep things as simple as possible when setting up a studio. I only now for the first time have a proper studio, I've been working in basements and laundry rooms for 5 years but my overhead is low, don't cheap out on promotional materials (ie. design and print jobs).

Aren't these absolutely lovely?












If you are intrigued and have an appreciation for vintage wares with modern twist, please visit

Horn of Plenty

(FYI - you can find lovely accessories on her site as well......)



Oh and before I head on out.....

You know that photo of the boutique, I posted last night? Well guess who it's owned by? Yep that's right! Cathy is the proud owner of this fabulous retail space. Opened back in June 07 ; this boutique accommodates clothing, jewellery, ceramics & other home accessories made by Cathy and other emerging artists. Love that!

Anyhoo...night y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment....I will always reply here, so be sure to check back for updates
1luv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...